Music Doing Good with Scholarships
Music Doing Good believes that students who wish to deepen their instrumental or vocal studies through private lessons should have the opportunity to do so.
Houston-area students in 4th–12th grade are encouraged to apply for Music Doing Good scholarships, which provide funding for private lessons, music festivals and tuition through educational institutions. Applications will be accepted between January 3, 2019 and March 19, 2019. Our application review process is carefully designed to acknowledge both talent and the transformative power of music, particularly for students whose financial situation inhibits or prevents the possibility of private lessons. Family finances, community service, and the role music plays in the student’s life comprise 70% of the overall score. Independently screened recordings make up the remaining 30%.
- Students that are passionate about their musical education and in the 4th-12th grade at the time of submission, whose total family income is less than $100,000 per year.
- Applicants must reside in the Greater Houston area.
- Applicants must submit all applications materials by Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Recipients will be announced by email on or before Friday, April 5, 2019.
- The committee will review applications with the following criteria:
- Financial Need 40%
- Artistic Merit 30%
- Impact of music on student’s life 20%
- “Doing Good” with music 10%
Applications for our 2019 Scholarships are now closed. Recipients will be announced by email on or before Friday, April 5, 2019. Thank you to all who applied!
NOTE: We are currently experiencing an unexpected slow down processing our checks for Fall Scholarship recipients. Please email us if you have any questions.
“AFA was truly an amazing experience! I was forced to challenge myself by learning professional level repertoire in three weeks. This bond that music creates is something that constantly reassures me it is what I want to do with my life. The friendships I made and the music I was a part of is something I will never forget. I can honestly say I look forward to returning next summer. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this experience!”
- May 29, 2019 Congratulations To Our 2019 Scholarship Recipients!
- April 18, 2019 “Lights Camera Action!” Receives Accolades!
- April 11, 2019 Awarding 150 Scholarships and 2 Ambassadors on Saturday!
- March 28, 2019 Our students rocked UIL Competition!
- March 13, 2019 iHeart Radio: Houston P.A.